Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lipstick of the Day: Avon's Celebrity Red



"Your 30th birthday is an important landmark. You are now ready, after ten years of dicking around with your personal style, to select a signature lipstick. This is the lipstick that will get your through thick and thin. When you are screaming for mercy during childbirth, this is the lipstick that will be smeared across your face. When you kiss the corpses of your dead parents, this is the color that will stain their cheeks. This is the lipstick that will flow into the fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth as the death rattle grips your throat. Choosing this lipstick is a momentous task. In order to complete it, you need to be slightly drunk."

-Simon Doonan, Eccentric Glamour



Now I'm pressured. I've only got one more year to find my signature puta red lipstick! Not to offend my dear friends who find pinks or browns more suiting for my lips, but I really feel bolder and sexier in reds. That's what matters in searching for your signature lipstick, right?

I thought I found mine as soon as I've tried Her Bench's Ruby Glaze and, just recently, Avon's L404 Super Red. Unfortunately, it can't remain my ultimate must-have when the makers discontinued them already. Yes, I'm still mourning.

For my 29th birthday, I put on Avon's Celebrity Red for the first time. I'm delighted with its red-orangey hue and its moisturizing feel that I don't typically experience in matte lipsticks. However, it's far from being smudge-free, much to my boyfriend's chagrin. Inasmuch as I'd like to provide some photo evidence, the model refused to be in front of the camera. He'll be a camwhore, too, in time.


Avon's Celebrity Red








Read my lips!



Swatched once on left, thrice on right. In a well-lit place.

Photos by Rushelle Barrameda.

No comments:

Post a Comment