Monday, September 30, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: To This Day - Shane Koyczan




"To this day
I hate pork chops
I’m not the only kid
Who grew up this way
Surrounded by people who used to say
That rhyme about sticks and stones
As if broken bones
Hurt more than the names we got called
And we got called them all
So we grew up believing no one
Would ever fall in love with us
That we’d be lonely forever
That we’d never meet someone
To make us feel like the sun"


Now THIS is something we should spread generously. Bullying is one of the reasons why it's so hard for us, for our children and possibly the next generations, to recognize our inner light. Let's fight it, let's make it history!

Shane Koyczan and his spoken word was such a great discovery. Read up about this project here and this poem here

4 comments:

  1. Great message, I really believe the world will be a better place without bullies. Being kind is an amazing gift we can give, stop bullying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of bullies. I guess having the right attitude to face bullies will make a big difference. :)

    http://thekitchengoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree.me neither I hate bullies.. No to bullying..better let us start to discipline and educate our child about bullying.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bullying is a very sensitive issue for me. My sister grew up practically bullied everyday in school for almost 10 years. But she survived the name calling, the cruelty, the lies and false rumors they spread about her. I did get bullied, too. I simply chose to not deal with them and not let them get to me. Kids can really be cruel. And generation after generation of bullies are born. The parents are bullies so their kids grow up as bullies and torment others. When I have kids of my own, I will make sure they never bully others.

    ReplyDelete