Saturday, September 17, 2011

WORLD PREMIERE: That Mustard Green Dress



It's the time of the year again...when I get violently dragged to attend Cosmopolitan Bachelor Bash. To be accurate, I get smothered with repeated reminders to plot my leave ahead and plan my outfit as early as July. By first week of the following month, I already have my own ticket without lifting a finger.

It's quite funny how my best friend Carl started manifesting frenzy for this annual event when I've lost interest. I find it elitist that the readership is reduced to mere voyeurs while celebrities and media practitioners bask in front row and water gun access and, in spite of the thrilling kinky games and the smorgasbord of scantily-clad come-hither gods, I end up asking "That's it?!" each time the program comes to a close before midnight. Yep, I've swallowed a lot of ampalaya supplements in the past.

Most importantly, my masochistic craving for unattainable men eventually subsided, giving birth to the realization that, hey, love handles are sexy, too. Being with someone soft and cuddly is actually heaven on earth. But then again, try imposing that to Carl and her hormones and you'll find yourself in the receiving end of her piercing glare.

In spite of my indifference, I agreed to join her and busied myself in locating an outfit to take with me. That's what best friends are for, right? I'm sure she tolerated my rather incessant "Who's that?" when most models appeared on stage. Talk about being a showstopper. Besides, it doesn't hurt to ogle at attractive men and hang out with a cool gal at the same time.











Outfit:

Mustard green dress from an office seller

Tita Minda's sandals

Mum's Hello Kitty handbag



Cheers!



And the parade of hot men begins!



Jake Cuenca





Crushie alert! It's Aljur Abrenica!





Crushie alert! It's Anton del Rosario of the Azkals!





Can you find me in the dark?



Unhappy feet! We endured 2 hours in the queue alone!



Sandwich!



Aaaah long-haired guy!



***


Who wants a trip down the memory lane? Here are some snapshots with Carl during the past Cosmo Bachelor Bash events. Thanks to my participation in this benefit event in Vigan, I was in absentia last year.


Standing next to a first-timer attendee in 2008.



Come hell or knee injury, count us in!



Twogether again in 2009.


All photos by Carl Tendenilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment