Saturday, September 29, 2012

WORLD PREMIERE: That Lacy Dress (Sort Of) / Overheard in the Mosh Pit OUTSIDE Cosmo Bachelor Bash 2012

It's the time of the year again when Carl and I primp and prettify ourselves for some voyeuristic adventure from a very distant vantage point and go home empty-handed. Do I sound bitter? Hell, no. Like I mentioned hereit doesn't hurt to ogle at attractive, scantily-clad men and hang out with a cool gal at the same time. Besides, it's another excuse to bring out a dress I was supposed to wear for a good friend's afternoon tea par-tey before she exchanged I do's waaay back in February. Thanks to the unsightly overlap of tanlines from this number from Zamboanga in July and that one from the past weekend in Coco Beach, I resolved to avoid any low-cut tops and finally world premiere this not-so-lacy dress.



To our dismay, this year's long queue (up until the gates of World Trade, mind you!) led us nowhere. Carl and I were already near the entrance door when someone issued a public apology that probably only 9.5 people heard. We gathered the venue can not accommodate any more people - regular and VIP guests alike. So what's the rationale behind the release of tickets to multitude of celebrities, media practitioners, VIPs and regular guests if they can't all fit in World Trade in the first place? How come no representative/s from Cosmopolitan joined the guards absorb and/or appease our words of pissdom? And, most importantly, how come some seemingly insiders promise all-access wrist band for the right price? Do I sound bitter? HELL, YEAH! I know I said it's not about the parade of those fine specimens, but I'd prefer a solitary slumber party in my own apartment over this hassle. Anytime! It's all about making the best use of my time. OUR time!

Nothing can cheer me up at this point! Not this, this, this or this!

Our unhappy feet (note: Carl slipped on these flats after the long queue)

Exhibit A: So near yet so far from the entrance/exit doors 

Exhibit B: The exit door that serves as entrance door for, uhm, last-minute all-access guests


Hearing the party inside made me want to march out of the place and feed the angry monster within me instead. However, Carl was still a portrait of desire for Kodak moments with the models. I don't have the heart to decline to her request to wait until the show is over and come inside to enjoy the leftovers. After all, the evening was all about spending quality time with her.

With my BFF Carl

Surprise! Surprise! There's Jo-Anne in the par-tey!

Yeah, the party's over

Egress mode na si Kuya. Wait lang!


 Is that you, Michael Scofield? Ah, no.








High school friend Clark Reyel, is that you?

Can't contain my kilegs over Wolverine!

With crushie John Spainhour

Why do I have a feeling there's no third time with John Spainhour?

With Eruption! Wee!

****

Overheard in the Mosh Pit OUTSIDE Cosmo Bachelor Bash 2012
Sure, this experience made us feel pissed and disappointed, but I can't help but appreciate how people's reactions mirror our sense of humor and, at times, feel sad at our tendency to take out our anger to innocent people (case in point: guards). Here are some of the statements I overheard while waiting for the miraculous reversal of that sorry-for-the-inconvenience announcement earlier that evening:


Galing pa ako ng Mindoro! Ang hirap magbiyahe pa-Maynila ha!

Galing pa ako ng Tawi Tawi!

Taga-Valenzuela pa kami ha!

Pag kita dibdib, pag maraming alahas, pinapapasok!

(to the guard) Sagana ka sa aircon ha!

(to the guard) Papasukin nyo na kami! Para makuha naman namin ang San Mig Light namin!

Di kayo papapasukin sa langit!

Pa-pa-tattoo nga ako! Para next year, madali akong makakapasok!

(to the guard) Kuya, kamukha mo si Enchong! En-chonggo!

(to the guard) Kuya, pag may lumabas, dapat may papasok!

VIP kami! V as in Bachelor!

(to the guard) Gutom ka na, Kuya! Umalis ka na dyan!

Di na kami bibili ng Cosmo!

(to the guard) Why were they (pertaining to two tall, well-dressed women) in? They don't have tickets! I have VIP tickets. Kararating lang nila. What's your name? (then to his friend) Uy, suportahan mo ako!

Sobrang dami nang lumabas, wala ba kayong habag?

Sana nag-duty na lang ako.

Mare, di na ito mauulit. Last year na natin 'to. - Carl

****


Outfit of the Day:
Grey dress with lace details
Big black belt from Forever 21
Black wedges from VNC
Spiral earrings
Black bag (gift)



Photos from Carl Tendenilla
Side-by-side with Spainhour design by Wini Layug

No comments:

Post a Comment