Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WORLD PREMIERE: That See-Through Miniskirt / Erzullie's First Look: Holiday 2013

After attending The Better Story Project's "Beauty Matters" workshop, I dashed to Eastwood for another empowering event. And when I say "dashed", I hiked up my long skirt to keep myself from tripping and hailed the first cab that came my way. I didn't realize how short this skirt can I get when I sit down before I left home (yeah, it pays to rehearse how it looks while sitting down) and it's a good thing I've set my mind to take cabs from one destination to another that day. 

I noticed that most people stare at my skirt and whisper something to their company and - worst - laugh about it - but I'm just grateful for this opportunity to apply what I learned from the workshop right away. I know that I am beautiful, whatever clothes I wear or whatever make up I apply on my face. If their idea of beautiful or fashionable doesn't resonate with mine, it's not a predicament I should worry about anymore. If there's anything, I was concerned if I were giving a peep show. Needless to say, I had to position my huge bag on my lap when I'm seated all evening.



Notice how the outer, longer skirt contradicts the casual, cottony feel of the gray miniskirt?I love the contrast! The lace details at the bottom of the skirt made me bring out my equally lacey flats. You know me, I love bringing black and red together. But don't we all?

Next time, I'll pair this skirt with something casual like t-shirt and Chuck Taylor sneakers. Let's see how it'll look. *winks*

Outfit of the Day:
Black bejeweled top from Nine West (overrun)
See-through skirt from ukay ukay shop
Red lacey flats from Solemate

***

After I had my vegetarian dinner, I headed to Erzullie's First Look: Holiday 2013 gathering to become one of its welcoming commitee. Being "too" early had its perks (to be detailed later). Knowing the inspiration behind this year's collection, I was even more excited to see the new designs. Plus the fact that I was looking for a dress to wear to 1 of the 3 weddings I'll be attending this coming November. 

My favorite part: socials-slash-pictorial!
Photos from Erzullie and Monica

Pinay Curvies came to support Erzullie!
Photo from Mitch

Our outfits look familiar, yes? That's because we squeezed in a little pictorial for this feature. Thanks for helping us spread the word about our vision, Erzullie!

Everybody's favorite!
Photos from Erzullie and Monica

Yes, I've found a dainty dress for an upcoming fairy tale wedding! I adore the peplum details and the charming floral design. I normally fit in 1L, but the chest area proved to be tighter than usual. So I ended up putting on the one in 3L. (Thanks for the assistance, Monica!) Little did I know that the designers only made 2 dresses per size, so imagine the horror in my face when models Loren and Vera asked for this dress in 3L! Like a mad woman, I told designer Berna I'll buy the one I tried, offered to pay right away and I'll leave the tug-of-war action between the models. We later on learned that Loren will get her own during this pictorial scheduled the following weekend. No need to panic at all! Phew!

As always, it was a fun to see one of our local brands continue to produce lovely designs and meet fellow plus size Pinays in the process. Mabuhay kayo, Erzullie!

2 comments:

  1. Oohh, that peplum dress is so dainty and adorable. And fashion is self expression, as long as you're happy and still look modest, I say go for it. Life is too short to please others, have fun, basta keri lang 'teh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! No second thoughts for buying it. I can't wait to world premiere it haha!

      True, life is too short for that. Live, let live and love our selves! Cheers!

      Delete