Friday, May 16, 2014

WORLD PREMIERE: That Blue Ruffled Dress

We're lucky to discover that there's an ongoing sale for plus size clothes (if it were mall-wide, I wasn't sure) in SM SouthMall last week. The first maternity-dress-for-now-corporate-dress-later that caught my eye? It's the plain red dress with ruffled design at the lower half from Jus Ur Size. Upon seeing me giving it a I'm-not-sure-if-I-should get-you look, my mum was quick to give her nod of approval when she saw the price tag: P450 only (originally P800+). 

It's a lovely dress, all right, but I doubt it'll look good on me and my close-to-flat rear. When I tried it on, I could sense the agreement about the dearth of curves over THERE from my mum's and husband's eyes. Kebs na!

Knowing that my baby bump will get bigger in the next 1-2 months, I asked the staff for a bigger size. But 3L looked quite lengthy at below my knees, so I ended up asking for 2L. Good thing it's made of stretchable fabric so I'm sure my little warrior won't express her disapproval with karate chops when I'm wearing it. 

And the final concern before I gave in: the color. This dress is available in red, purple and blue and, if you notice, I've worn too many reds and purples in this lifetime. You guessed it right. I reached for the blue one and waited for my mum and ninang to finish their style hunt (more on that later).

Pang-cover girl ba ang peg? 
(Sa Working Mom ata dapat hihi)

With this dress, I found the courage the join Metro Magazine's #selfie challenge! Oha!

Outfit of the Day:
Blue dress from Jus My Size
Blue flats from Solemate, SM Department Store

Photos by Adrian Gonzales.

***

Going back to my cliffhanger earlier, I take pride on the fact that I was the one who found the best dress for Mama! Among the many dresses she tried on, this particular dress brought a sparkle in her eyes. For me, it felt like I've returned the favor for buying me this and that illusion dress. Such an awesome feeling!

Mama said she'll wear this to the ballroom dancing event she'll attend this month. Cool!

3 comments:

  1. Havey na havey! I like that colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue looks very flattering on you, and your mom looks very happy with her dress :)

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that dress on you and the color is really good din. Makes you stand out! I tagged you in this post, btw: http://www.gelleesh.com/2014/05/a-pocketful-of-sunshine-coming-your-way.html


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete