Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Costume: Cheshire Cat (Again)!

Although most people find me the life of the party, I've always been the party pooper when it comes to Halloween parties. I'm an 80's kid, you know. Back in the days, Pinoys haven't fully embraced the American way of celebrating it. Instead of costumes and trick-or-treats, we kids busied ourselves with cemetery visits and the renowned Magandang Gabi Bayan horror stories. Fast forward to 2012: I'm joining the trend. Ha!

I actually wanted to be dressed as a round girl for our office par-tey, but I found it pointless if my sparring partner won't be around. Besides, I didn't really have ample time  to prepare for it. That led me to my Plan B: recycle my old Alice in Wonderland costume during my goddaughter's 1st birthday par-tey! This time, with whiskers.

The cheshire cat (I know, where did the cat ears go?)

Purrrfect! Collage via Instagram by @lovelotschookie

Getting some help for my tail

What balloons can do for my tail. Hurrah!

The kitteh feels ready for photo opp with Luffy

Kittykat meets Psy

Gang Nam Style back-up dancers?

With Iza, Achi, Psy and Elaine

The par-tey begins!

But, wait. Where did the pussy cat go?

The team, minus the busy cheshire cat

Pusang gala naman oh! Just when the par-tey was about to begin, there was an urgent bid to work on. To make matters worse, I had to create the pricing case on my feet all morning to keep my tail stiff and cute. When I was done, the bilao-ful of palabok was almost empty and there were no marshmallows left for me. Purrrr!

Luckily, I was idle to join in one of the afternoon games. Thinking it might be an aggressive game and fearful of any nip slips, I grabbed my teammate's shawl for protection. Imagine my relief when the game turned out to be Longest Line.

The shawl and the starting line. Bow!


There goes my flats. What about this stupid headband, too?


To cut the long story short, we lost to the other team and we felt bitter about it. Up to now, we all think we should have won and bagged home the prizes. Haha!

So how do you like my costume? It kinda feels less cute to wear it by myself, actually.

Photos by Edric.

***

Hey, I'm one of the 285 nominees of the Curvy Blog Award and I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me make it to the Top 10. Please, please vote for this kitteh here and choose # 257.




1 comment: